Oct 19, 2010

Nicki Minaj Shoots Down Rumors Of Her Firing Diddy As Manager: ''We Good On This Side''


There was news yesterday from people claiming to be Nicki Minaj reps describing how the female rapper had "dismissed" her most recently acquired manager, Sean "Diddy" Combs, and had plans to replace him with veteran manager Benny Medina who has managed other female artists such as Brandy and Mariah Carey.

The statement even included a supposed statement from Miss Minaj herself, going in on Diddy's managerial skills and comparing him to a "a mother":

"By now, everyone should now that I am really strict when it comes to my representation, I had sympathy for [Diddy], however I feel as if I haven't gotten the guidance the manager is supposed to give his client. Personally, I feel like I'm being managed by mother. Even if you play the smallest role on my team, I wish to see progress. I'd like to thank him for everything he has done for me; for taking me under his wing. I wish him the best with repping Rick [Ross]. But now that my album is about to drop, its time to get serious and stop playing games."

The manager switch would not have been Minaj's first; previously rapper Wacka Flocka's mother had managerd her career, but was replaced around six months ago with Diddy.

However, the rapper took to her twitter to address the rumors, and quickly shot them down, stating: "lmao. i've never met Benny Medina a day in my life. we good on this side".


Rumors are said to have been started when a party using Universal Motown Records contact information and letterhead contacted several media outlets with the false information. rapbasement

No comments:

Post a Comment