Dec 2, 2010

Joe Budden Explains Using Just Blaze's Unauthorized Beat On "Mood Muzik 4"


In late October Just Blaze was unhappy with his former collaborator Joe Budden when he used a beat without his permission on Mood Muzik 4. While the issue was quickly cleared up between the two New Jersey natives, Joe took the time to explain to RapFix just what happened:

“When we were creating the Slaughterhouse album I got a beat from Emile; real talented guy, I love him,” Budden said. “I recorded to it right there on the spot. I planned on using it for The Great Escape but that didn’t happen at the time. So I said let me put this out on Mood Muzik 4. I love the record, I’d love for the fans to hear it.”

After being unable to reach Emile to get permission, Budden figured he was safe to go ahead and use the track. When he finally heard back from the Buffalo native the album was pressed and Joe was on a plane headed across the Atlantic. Emile informed him that the beat was actually produced by Just Blaze.
“In my head I’m like, ‘Am I in the fucking matrix or some shit?’ ” Budden wondered. “I haven’t got a beat from Just Blaze since who knows how long, this can’t be his beat.”

“Just also comes from that school of integrity,” said Budden, who called the producer to apologize after the Twitter outburst. “He just wants the music to be heard the way that it’s supposed to be heard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment