Feb 24, 2011

2011 XXL Freshman Fred The Godson Breaks Down What It Takes To Make It: "If You're Taking It Halfway, This Game Aint For U", Wanting To Work W/50 Cent + Battles W/Asthma & Diabetes

 

Already making big moves in the game, Fred The Godson plans on holding onto his spot for a while.

Fred The G spoke with Swagg DVD about the amount of love he's been getting from his peers and the hard work he's putting in to earn it.

"Saturday night I could be doing a lot of things, but you see where I'm at [in the studio]. You got a lot of people that want me now because of the work ethic as far as the lyrics, the videos and the freestyles. It's just everything to do with hard work. You gotta want to do it. Some people wanna do it halfway, if you take it halfway I don't think this game is for you," he said.

Fred has also gotten big co-signs from Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel and Rakim. He talks about what that feels like.

"That's motivation enough to keep going, these are rappers I look up to," Fred says. "Jay is one of the best ever. Beans I always looked at as one of my favorites and I would never guess in like a week turnaround, me tearing down a showcase, couple of days later I'd be in front of him rapping and he'd be blown away by it and the rest is history."

Being young in the game, Fred still hasn't had the chance to work with all of the producers and rapper's he would like to.  He names the top 5 in each category he'd like to link up with.

"Producers that I would like to work with I would say definitely Just Blaze, Dr Dre, DJ Khalil's a beast and Teddy Riley, I need one of them old school Guy joints," Fred said.  "Top rappers off the top, Big Pun and Biggie are my favorites, but their untimely demise messed everything up so I wouldn't even put them at the top 5. I'm just gonna say I wish, rest in peace.  But the top 5 rappers that I'd love that I think is crazy is Jay, of course 50 [Cent], Nas, Eminem and my boy Jadakiss."




No comments:

Post a Comment