Mar 16, 2011

Singer Nate Dogg Dead At Age 41

 
One of the pioneers of the West Coast's g-funk sound has passed away.

According to the  Long Beach Press-Telegram, 41-year old Nathanial Hale aka Nate Dogg is dead.

The singer had suffered 2 strokes in the last several years. Last year Warren G made a video plea to fans asking for financial support for Nate.

Nate came into the game during the Death Row Records era with Snoop Dogg, Warren G and Tha Dogg Pound. Although he had several solo albums, Nate will be most remembered for singing hooks and ushering in the g-funk era when he and Warren-G dropped "Regulate".


We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb. One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we metless than a minute ago via web
I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit witless than a minute ago via web
I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d sloganless than a minute ago via web
 



R.I.P. Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment