May 5, 2014

Troy Ave On Getting Co-Signs From 50 Cent, Jay Z & Nas "I Think That's Dope, Especially 50" [Video]



Get More:

TROY AVE, Music News








MTV News caught up with Troy Ave on the set of his music video shoot for "Your Style."The Brooklyn, New York emcee talked about the co-signs he's gotten from three New York City rap titans.




“I think it’s ill when you got somebody like 50, speaking about you in a dope manner, as far as, ‘Yo, I like what he’s doing’,” he continued.



Ave’s 2013 breakout single “Show Me Love” borrowed elements from 50 Cent’s 2003 classic “In da Club” and features G-Unit’s Tony Yayo, while his current single, “Your Style,” features Lloyd Banks. Now, he has New York’s top rap representatives rooting for him.



“I met Nas the other night and he said, ‘Yo, you ill, I love what you’re doing for the city,’” Ave shared. “Jay Z hitting my phone, texting me, like ‘Son, you keep doing your thing, you’re representing for the town.’”



With all of the recent co-signs, the BK spitter says that 50′s stamp means the most to him.



“I think that’s dope. Especially 50; 50 was one of my influences coming up. He came through, burnt it up, made half-a-billie damn near,” he said. “So I’m trying to do the same thing, I’m out here representing.

No comments:

Post a Comment