Sep 23, 2010

Q-Tip & Kanye West To Produce On Jay-Z's Follow Up To Blueprint 3. Cover Of Hov's New Book 'Decoded' Revealed + More Details [Pic]


While there has been no official word on when Jay-Z's next album will drop, we have at least gotten an insiders' peek at who will be producing music for it.

Q-Tip revealed to XXL that both he and Kanye West will be putting in work on the project.

"Kanye and I are gonna continue to work together. We’re doing some stuff for Jay-Z’s new album that’s coming out in the spring, and then after Jay’s thing I’m gonna start recording my new album…Kanye should be working on that, too," Q-Tip said.

Jigga is also about to release his first book. 'Decoded' features an image of Andy Warhol's "Rorschach" on the cover.


According to Billboard, the fully illustrated book decodes 36 of Hov's songs.

Check out an excerpt from the book below:

"When I first started working on this book, I told my editor that I wanted it to do three important things. The first was to make the case that hip-hop lyrics-not just my lyrics, but those of every great MC-are poetry if you look at them closely enough. The second was I wanted the book to tell a little bit of the story of my generation, to show the context for the choices we made at a violent and chaotic crossroads in recent history. And the third piece was that I wanted the book to show how hip-hop created a way to take a very specific and powerful experience and turn it into a story that everyone in the world could feel and relate to."

'Decoded' will be released November 16, with a hardcover edition, and an ebook. As well as an interactive iPhone/iPad application that will include exclusive video and customizable content.

No comments:

Post a Comment