Apr 14, 2011

Phonte To Release Solo Album, 9th Wonder To Produce Bulk Of Material

Phonte To Release Solo Album, 9th Wonder To Produce Bulk Of Material

The Little Brother emcee is finally readying a solo project.

Phonte of Little Brother is finally going to drop his solo debut.

In an interview with theurbandaily.com, the emcee revealed that the album will drop on September 13 - the  six-year anniversary of Little Brother's The Minstrel Show.

"I'ma pretty much sit down now and hash it out...If my record is like Amplified, just as an example, [9th Wonder] would be my J. Dilla," explain Phonte.

"I told him that I want him to set it off, and then any other producers we run with, they have to fit within that framework," said Phonte of his conversations with 9th, with whom he recently reconciled.

As for the date, Tigallo insists that it was pure coincidence. "Once I found out that's what it was...I can't push it back now."

No comments:

Post a Comment