Apr 26, 2011

Soulja Boy Says Convo With 50 Cent Led Him To Continue Rapping After Disappointing Album Sales


Although he still hasnt reached 21 years of age, Soulja Boy has seen and gone thru many trials and tribulations of life already. From the massive success of his breakout hit 'Crank That', to the disappointment of the sales of his latest effort 'The Deandre Way', combined with random issues in between and you have one big emotional roller coaster.

In an interview with Complex, the young superstar opens up and speaks on his lastest album and how he believes Interscope is a big reason of its lack of success. He credits a conversation with friend 50 Cent for getting him re-inspired to get back into the studio and move on from the anger that had him closing himself off from everyone after getting those first week numbers:

“[I stopped Twittering when my sales came back because] I just needed to take a break. I needed to think about things. I needed to evaluate my camp and what was going on in my circle. I had to talk to my family, the label, and my management. I had a big talk with the big bruh 50 Cent. I’m going to forever thank 50 because he guided me. When I was at my lowest point in my career and I just felt like I ain’t really want to do this music no more. I was like, ‘Man, I’m still young. I made enough money.’ My head was on a whole different radar, but he was like, ‘Man, you tripping little bro. You’ve got to keep it going.'

"He was like, 'You’ve got to keep doing what you’re doing. You’re Soulja Boy, you’re here for a reason. Everybody’s not going platinum. Everybody didn’t do what you did. Everybody didn’t come in on the Internet. You’re the one that started the Internet. You’re the one that got me on the Internet. You’re the one that got us on blogs, on YouTube, and on Twitter.’ I was like, ‘Man, you know what? You’re right.’ He wasn’t doing nothing but speaking true knowledge to my head and it got me right back in the studio. So I ain’t going to never quit. I’m going to stay in this music industry. I’m going to stay making hits, and I’m going to do what I’ve got to do, and I thank 50. I really needed that at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment