Jan 31, 2012

Drake Says He Wants To Get Back Into Acting By Portraying President Barack Obama In Movie



Drake is looking to get back into acting in a big way by portraying Barack Obama if possible.

The former star of Degrassi: The Next Generation was interviewed by VH1 while attending theSundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah several days ago when he was asked about getting back into acting.

"I was inspired before I came out here," he said. "Now it's for sure."

Drake said that he's mostly offered roles of basketball players and rappers, but is looking for something with more substance.

"I've been reading scripts for a while. I wanna do something great," Drake told VH1's Janell Snowden. "I wanna do a movie specifically for my culture, the younger people who are still in tine with everything going on. I'm actually writing with my friends right now--the have a production company called Be Any Means Necessary. We're writing together trying to figure out the right movie."

According to Drake, the perfect role would be that of America's first African American President.

"I hope somebody makes a movie about Obama's life soon because I could play him," Drake told VH1. "That's the goal. I watch all the addresses. Anytime I see him on TV, I don't change the channel, I definitely pay attention and listen to the inflections of his voice. If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm pretty good at impressions."

No comments:

Post a Comment