Mar 30, 2012

Beanie Sigel Inks EMI Distribution Deal. Announces State Property To Record Together Again



Beanie Sigel is ready to make his return to the recording business after inking a deal to have EMI distribute his music under the guidance of music industry veteran Chris Schwartz, according to AllHipHop.



“That’s what kind of pushed me to really do this album. I was sought out by Chris Schwartz. He had a situation at EMI and was looking for an artist,” Beanie told AHH. “I had just recorded a couple songs in the studio. Somebody heard a record and was like, ‘You should check out Beanie; he hasn’t been doing anything.’"




Beanie's last major label release was 2007's The Solution. He followed that up two years later with an independent album entitled The Broad Street Bully.




Sigel said this new deal will also bring his group State Property back together again.




“If you’ve been through what I’ve been through in my career, you wouldn’t trust no one. You’ll fourth guess everything. What made me do the deal with Chris Schwartz was actually to get the deal together for State Property,” Beanie said. "I don’t wanna be selfish – it’s selfish to the people,” he added. “That’s the only reason why I’m doing this. It’s not fun for me no more; it’s work. It used to be fun, and when it starts turning into work, it’s not fun no more."



SP includes Philadelphia rappers Young Chris, Neef, Freeway, Peedi Crakk and others.



Beans will be releasing his sixth studio album, The Classic, this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment