Apr 16, 2012

Iggy Azalea Responds To Eve Saying She Doesn't Like Her Music "I'm Not Mad At Eve For Not Understanding It"







Last week rapper Eve made her feelings known on a few topics regarding other female MC's currently in the game. Among the new crop of female rappers, Azealia Banks is at the top of the former Ruff Ryder's list. Iggy Azalea, not so much.



“I like Azealia Banks. I think her style is dope. If you listen to her lyrics, she knows how to wordplay and I think that’s cute," Eve told The Women Of Hip-Hop. "I’m not really into the Iggy Azalea chick. I can’t really f*ck with her music, but her look is crazy. I just can’t believe it."




Iggy has responded to what some might consider a diss. In a new interview withXXL.com she says Eve doesn't know what it's like to walk in her shoes.





“I like Eve,” she began. “Everybody is different, everybody hasn’t lived out of the  box and for you to even know if it’s real, you have to kind of be an out-the-box person or somebody who likes something they’re not suppose to [like]. A girl like her that raps is expected, so, how could you understand something so different?



“I’m not mad at [Eve] for not understanding it,” she continued. “How could you if you’ve never been ostracized or loved something you weren’t suppose to love? Everything you’ve loved you’re allowed to love, so, how could you understand me? Thus, how could you know if it’s real? I used to be like, ‘It is real, let me prove it to you. Now, I don’t care if you think it’s real or not because it’s what I love, it’s my life. I don’t put my story all out there for you because I don’t need to put my story out there and prove it. I don’t give a f*** if you think I am or not ’cause that girl in the crowd understand it and that’s who it’s for, if you don’t then it’s not for you.”




Iggy is currently working with T.I. on her debut album The New Classic, which is due out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment