Apr 25, 2012

Papoose Speaks Out On George Zimmerman Posting Bail "This Dude Is An Animal"





George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed 17-year old Trayvon Martin is a free man after posting 10% of his $150,000 bail on Sunday. He will remain free until his second degree murder trial begins in 2013.



The decision by a Florida judge to allow Zimmerman the opportunity for freedom has angered many Americans, including thousands in the hip-hop community. One man who is speaking out against the decision is Papoose, who made a tribute song dedicated to Trayvon several weeks ago.



“That’s some savage sh*t,” Papoose told XXL in a new interview. “The man could be free and Trayon is in his grave till eternity. Everybody celebrated when they arrested dude, but I think it was premature. This dude is an animal. The whole thing is bullsh*t.”



Like Papoose, several other rappers have made tribute songs dedicated to Trayvon. The unity shown by his peers is something Pap is proud of.



“All of us being successful…anybody who has a voice, it’s our duty for us to provide a voice for those who don’t have a platform,” Papoose said. “I felt like it’s my duty. I felt like I’d be playing myself if I didn’t say something. I commend everybody.”

No comments:

Post a Comment