Apr 12, 2013

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney Denies President Obama Gave Jay-Z & Beyonce Clearance For Cuba Trip After Hov Releases The Song 'Open Letter' [Video]



Just as things were starting to quiet down, Jigga released a song this morning that raised some eyebrows.

“I turned Havana into Atlanta... Boy from the hood/ I got White House clearance... Obama said, 'Chill you gonna get me impeached/ You don’t need this sh*t anyway, chill with me on the beach', Jay raps in "Open Letter."

During a press conference today, Politico reporter Donovan Slack asked White House Press Secretary Jay Carney whether President Obama gave Jay-Z and Beyonce special clearance, based on the song's lyrics.

"I guess nothing rhymes with Treasury. Because Treasury offers and gives licenses for travel, as you know, and the White House has nothing to do with it," Carney said. "I am absolutely saying that the White house from the President on down had nothing to do with anybody's travel to Cuba that is something that Treasury handles. It's a song, Donovan. The President did not communicate with Jay-Z over this trip."

No comments:

Post a Comment