Jun 27, 2013

Will.I.Am Sues Pharrell Over His 'I Am Other' Brand. Claims He's Copyrighted The Phrase 'I Am'





Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am is taking legal action against Pharrell Williams. According to Rolling Stone, Will says he owns the copyright to the phrase "I Am," and claims in court documents that Pharrell's "I Am Other" brand "is likely to dilute the I AM mark and the WILL.I.AM mark."


Will further claims that Pharrell's logo used on his clothing and other merchandise are too similar to his own logo.


Pharrell responded to the lawsuit in a statement to Rolling Stone.


I am disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me. I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will's trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment