Jul 9, 2013

Producer D Dot Compares The Notorious B.I.G. Vs. Jay-Z's Studio Work Ethic "Jay Worked Faster. Big Took Longer Because He Wanted To Make Sure Every Line Was Memorable" [Video]








Producer D. Dot has had the honor of working with both The Notorious B.I.G. and Jay-Zin the studio. Both are two of the best of all time. Dot sat down with Vlad TV and compared their approaches in the booth.


"I would say Jay probably could work a little faster than Big. I've actually seen Jay work in various situations and he's very prolific and he could come up with things faster," Dot said. "I Think Big's specialty was that he put a lot of his Jamaican roots in his records. He was really into melody. Big's time took a little longer because Big, line for line wanted to make sure every line was memorable lyrically. But also melodically."

No comments:

Post a Comment