Feb 14, 2014

Nicki Minaj Talks P*ssing People Off W/Her Song 'Lookin A$$ N*gga,' Apologizes For It's Malcolm X Artwork & Speaks On The Possibly Of Pulling A Beyonce W/Her Upcoming 'The Pink Print' Album [Audio]







Hot 97 radio personality Angie Martinez just launched her new website The Angie Review today. Nicki Minaj called in to talk with her today.



Topics included the possibility of pulling a Beyonce with her next album The Pink Print, her relationship with Drake, people getting upset at the Malcolm X artwork for her song "Lookin A$ N*gga" and speak on p****** some people off with the song.







On the reaction to "Lookin A$ N*gga"

I wasn't trying to p*ss people off. And I don't even think the majority of people are p*ssed off. I just think it's a great conversation to have. It's many records that come out daily and they're nothing but bashing females. And I think that I am in a position to put a record out that women can feel empowered by in our way.







On the Malcolm X cover art for "Lookin A$ N*gga"

I apologize about that. It was like, I had this big gun in the video and someone sent me that picture and said 'Hey you should use this.' It was just almost parallel in my opinion because he has this big gun ready to shoot at a lookin a** bleep. And so that's how I looked at it.I looked at it like, 'Yo, this is one of the most memorable people in black history that really voiced his opinion no matter what.' And I understand how my intent was overlooked. And I definitely didn't want to offend the family or his legacy. This record is to have fun and talk about. It's not to be disrespectful to someone's legacy, so I took it down. It wasn't the official artwork anyway.



On the release date for her next album "The Pink Print"

The Pink Print is not gonna have a release date. You'll never know when it's coming until it just comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment