Dec 27, 2010

J. Cole Talks About Meeting Nas, Wishes To Make Full Collaborative Album

J. Cole Talks About Meeting Nas, Wishes To Make Full Collaborative Album
"Whenever Nas is ready, I'm ready," J. Cole tells Bootleg Kev about doing a potential album with the Queensbridge legend.

From his arrival in mainstream Hip Hop over the last two years, North Carolina's J. Cole has been frequently compared to emcee legend Nas. In a recent interview with Bootleg Kev, the Roc Nation hopeful candidly spoke on that discussion. "It don't even sound right to me [that I'm compared frequently to Nas], 'cause Nas is [in] another stratosphere, but there has been some dialogue," said Cole. The emcee continued, revealing a mutual affinity for each other's work, when they crossed paths. "When I met him, I tried to give him like extra props - like I tried to bow down in his presence. He kinda wouldn't let me, 'cause he's like, 'Man, I'm a fan of yours.'" Taken aback by the exchange, Cole asserts that it's unusual for the iconic 20-year veteran to respect an artist without even a single album released to date. "It's impossible for you to be a fan of mine; it's not supposed to happen like that."

Asked by Bootleg Kev about the likelihood of a collaboration, Cole said, "Man, I'd do a whole album with Nas." More than just speculation, J added, "Whenever Nas is ready, I'm ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment