Oct 20, 2011

T.I. Reveals 2 Possible Titles Of New Album 'Kill The King' Or 'Trouble.' Says 'I'm Flexin' Single Not For The East Coast "I'll Come Back For Y'all"




Due to an 11-month jail stint T.I. missed out on promoting his last album, No Mercy. The disc has been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, but that's not the kind of numbers the Atlanta rapper has come to expect.


Tip plans on being around for his next album which is already being recorded. He's currently trying to decide between two album titles for the project.


"The first of two album titles I'm debating is Kill the King because in all that I've gone through I've observed how people respond to my circumstances, and I always wonder 'Why y'all coming at me like this?' But I thought, 'How do you expect them to act?'" he tells Rolling Stone. "Life is a game of chess and the object is to kill the king. If you anoint yourself king, you have made yourself a target. The second one is self-explanatory – Trouble."


Tip has dropped two new songs since his release. "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" featuring Pharell Williams and the Big K.R.I.T. produced "I'm Flexin'." The latter is aimed at his core Bankhead audience.


"I've heard some East Coast DJ's have mediocre feelings toward 'I'm Flexin'' but that's expected because the record's not for y'all," TIP says. "It's for my foundation, my people. I'll come back for y'all."

No comments:

Post a Comment